Childhood and adolescence encompass critical developmental stages. It is important that any psychological, emotional or behavioural challenges are resolved so that a young person can develop into a healthy, well-adjusted adult. Our Clinical Psychologists provide assessment and therapy to children, adolescents and their families in Bondi Junction and the eastern suburbs of Sydney.
Child, youth and family work is often complex and multi-layered. We therefore adopt an integrationist and family approach when seeing young clients and their families. Recognising the importance of young people’s relationships and networks, including their family and school. We also recognise the impact a young person’s difficulties can have on other family members.
Our psychologists routinely invite parents and other important people in the young person’s life to be included in the assessment and treatment process. Often in conjunction with individual therapy, where appropriate we may work with parents and young people to open lines of communication within a family.
Services available for:
- Anxiety and worry
- Social phobia
- Specific phobias
- School avoidance
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Low mood, sadness and depression
- Eating disorders
- Body image issues
- Emotional instability and emotion regulation difficulties
- Low self-esteem and self-confidence
- Stress management
- Relationship difficulties: at home and school
- Grief, loss and adjustment difficulties
- Parenting and marital difficulties
- Parent-child relational difficulties
- Self-harm and addictive behaviours
- Drug and alcohol problems
Call our reception team to discuss your concerns and find a therapist suitable to your family’s needs.
Please note we currently do not complete assessments for autism, cognitive abilities and learning difficulties.