Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency Reg. Number PSY0001706014
Talia is available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Book an appointment with Talia here
Talia is warm, genuine and approachable. She is extremely passionate and dedicated to her clients. Working at their pace, she helps clients face the challenges they are experiencing as well as uncover and develop their unique strengths and capabilities.
Talia supports clients experiencing a wide range of issues, with particular experience addressing:
- Child, Adolescent, Parent and Family
- Anxiety, perfectionism, school avoidance
- Sadness, low mood and depression
- Parenting and marital difficulties and stressors
- Relationship difficulties – at home and school
- Behavioural issues
- Difficulties managing anger
- Grief and loss
- Adjustment disorders
- Self-esteem and confidence issues
- School and Academic stress
- Anxiety Disorders: Generalised anxiety or worry, Social Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Perfectionism
- Stress and health related issues e.g., Mastering Balance
- Confidence, self-worth and esteem issues
- Family issues
- Parenting issues
- Couples therapy
- Life transitions and adjustments
- Generalised dissatisfaction or e.g., feeling stuck or just “going through the motions” as compared to thriving, living life with vitality and purpose
Talia has a range of experience working with children, adolescents, and parents both in the private and public sectors. She truly enjoys helping couples and families strengthen their relationships, learn how to better support each other and access their own internal resources. So that in time, they have the skills and confidence in their ability to manage the ups and downs of life.
In addition to her work with families, Talia enjoys working individually with adults, exploring their values, vision and life goals. Her supportive and encouraging approach creates the space for clients to effectively address the factors blocking their path, allowing them to find balance, to thrive and live the life they truly want and deserve.
Talia works from a range of evidence based approaches including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT), Interpersonal Neurobiology, Family Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). Her strong interest and commitment to uncovering her client’s internal strengths is informed by the growing evidence for strength-based therapies and positive psychology.
Irrespective of who she is working with, Talia’s approach is holistic, practical and client-centred. Her approach is focused on identifying the most effective paths for her client and their support network to overcome the difficulties they face and create the life they want for themselves.