Updated 12 June 2018
We are committed to protecting your privacy as an online visitor to our website. We respect the privacy and confidentiality of the information provided by you in accordance with Australian Privacy Principles. Therefore, this policy describes the information that we collect about you and how it is used.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM YOU
We collect personal information from users of our website www.institute4healthyliving.com so that we may provide a service to you. The circumstances when we collect information include, but are not limited to:
- When you submit a contact form we use the information to provide a service to you (e.g. to contact you to book an appointment)
- When you contact us (through our Website, email, phone, fax) with queries or issues and request that we contact you, we use your contact details to complete your request
- When you subscribe to online resources. If you complete our online subscription form, you are asked to provide consent to subscribe to our newsletter via an email sent to you. The information collected is used to deliver the resources to you, and you are also sent our monthly newsletter and occasional promotional emails about our services from which you are able to opt out at the bottom of each of the emails that are sent to you. To enhance service delivery of our resources we use Mailchimp, an email marketing program. Mailchimp may collect your email address, name, IP address, device details, type of browser or operating system, dates and times of use, plug-ons, add-ons, locations, and the version of the Services you are using.
- If you book an appointment through our website, our secure practice management software, Healthkit, will collect and store the contact information you provide. Again, we will use this details to book and confirm your appointment.
Cookies are small files placed in your web browser that collect information about your web browsing behaviour. They help us analyse website traffic and behaviour to provide a better website visitor experience. Cookies in and of themselves do not personally identify users, though they identify a user’s browser.
Should you wish not to receive cookies you may set your browser to refuse them. This may mean that you are not receiving the optimal service from our website.
Using your personal information for marketing
If you have subscribed to our newsletter or have registered as a client, you may receive our bimonthly newsletter in your email inbox. This newsletter is intended to inform you of our services and provide useful information about psychology tools and resources. You can unsubscribe from this email at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link or contacting us by emailing email@example.com. We never provide your details to third parties.
Disclosing your personal information
We also reserve the right to disclose anonymous, de-identified information collected by us in the form of visitor statistics (e.g. patterns of usage across different countries).
We will not otherwise use or disclose any personal information about you without your consent unless:
- The use or disclosure is required or permitted by law;
- We believe it necessary to provide you with content which you have requested;
- We believe it necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another person or the Company; and/or
- The assets and operations of our business are transferred to a third party.
- Please note that where required by law we are obliged to release the information.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to third party websites, however they are intended for your convenience only and do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites.
Security of data
We strive to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of personal information submitted to our website and we periodically update our security measures.
Please note that no data transmissions over the internet can be absolutely guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through our Website and you use our website at your own risk.