Clinical Psychology Registrar (Psychologist who has completed a Masters in Clinical Psychology)
Available Thursdays and Fridays. Book online
Liam is a supportive and encouraging psychologist who works with adults and adolescents who are experiencing a range of psychological difficulties. He takes a collaborative approach to working with clients, and is passionate about helping them use psychological tools to reach their goals. He aims to help each client build a toolbox of skills and strategies that they can use in all facets of their lives, not just the ones in which they are presently facing challenges.
Liam has received training in and uses a range of up-to-date, evidence-based approaches to psychological therapy. These include Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, and Mindfulness-integrated Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
He most frequently uses Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, which encourages people to practice more helpful ways of responding to difficult thoughts and feelings, while moving towards the things that matter to them. Liam will discuss the most appropriate therapeutic approach for you, based on your current concerns and personal preferences.
Liam has experience supporting clients experiencing a diverse range of challenges. He is particularly interested in working with:
- people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, or asexual (LGBTQIA+)
- disordered eating, particularly binge eating
- anxiety problems, including excessive worry, social anxiety, health anxiety, panic, and obsessive-compulsive disorder
- professional stress, including burn out
- academic stress, including procrastination
- unrelenting high standards and self-criticism
- grief and loss, particularly people who have been bereaved by suicide
- life transitions
- trauma, including recovering from sexual assault
- sexual or relationship difficulties (N.B. Liam does not provide couples counselling)
Qualifications & experience
BA (Comm – Journ), GradDipPsych, BSocSc (Psych – Hons), MClinPsych
Member of the Australian Clinical Psychology Association
Member of the Australian Psychological Society
Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency number: PSY0002104692
Liam holds a Master of Clinical Psychology from the University of Technology Sydney. He has worked in private, public, and educational settings. He has conducted several research projects regarding LGBTQIA+ mental health, and has presented his research findings at national conferences. Prior to completing his psychological training, he worked in the media industry. He has also held various voluntary support roles in LGBTQIA+ community organisations for more than 15 years.
New clients: please contact our receptionists on 02 8937 0667 before booking an appointment with Liam.