Clinical Psychologist, Practice Director, AHPRA Board approved supervisor, Member of the Association for Contextual Behavioural Science (ACBS), Member of the Australia & New Zealand Academy for Eating Disorders (ANZAED)
Alysha offers appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Call the practice to book.
Alysha is the Director and principal Clinical Psychologist at the Institute for Healthy Living. She combines her in-depth clinical knowledge with a warm, supportive and ‘down-to-earth’ manner to make therapy effective and meaningful. She is incredibly proactive and attentive as a therapist. Her authentic and compassionate style is something many of her clients appreciate.
Alysha is best known for her work with anxiety, perinatal mental health, eating disorders and her work using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). Her lived experience of becoming a Mother has ignited a passion for helping mothers-to-be and new mums to adjust to this physical, emotional, spiritual transformation. She also provides support for those who have lost a baby or are experiencing fertility difficulties.
She considers both current research and individual preference in designing therapy. She has training and experience using the most up-to-date and evidence based approaches including:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – her preferred therapy approach
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- mindfulness-based cognitive therapies
Alysha supports clients experiencing a wide range of issues, with particular strengths working with the following issues:
- fertility issues, pregnancy and infant loss
- perinatal psychology and adjustment (preparation before baby arrives, postnatal adjustment, depression, anxiety and birth trauma)
- binge eating, over-eating and Bulimia nervosa
- eating disorder treatment
- anxiety disorders including worry, panic, social anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder
- emotional sensitivity and intolerance
- self-esteem issues
- trauma, Post-traumatic stress disorder and complex or developmental trauma
- stress management
- relationship difficulties
- unrelenting standards, burn out, overworking or perfectionism
Qualifications and experience
B.Sc (Hons), M.Clin.Psych
Member of the Association for Contextual Behavioural Science
Member of Australia and New Zealand Academy for Eating Disorders
Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency Reg. Number PSY0001684541
Alysha draws on 9 years of experience and development. She has completed a total of six years of intensive formal training, including a Masters in Clinical Psychology. She provides regular supervision for the early career Psychologists on the team. She has conducted research into guilt, shame and self-forgiveness in relationships and body image difficulties. Before opening her own private practice in 2012, Alysha worked in a number of public and private health settings, and has experience running group therapy sessions as well as one-on-one therapy. Alysha also offers supportive, reflective supervision sessions to Psychologists and Clinical Psychology Registrars.
Enquire about Alysha’s services –