Available Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Saria is a Clinical Psychologist dedicated to providing person-centred and evidence- based mental health care. Saria is warm, compassionate, authentic and open-minded; she values creating a safe space for her clients to openly and comfortably explore the roots of their difficulties and make meaningful changes to improve their wellbeing. Saria balances structure with flexibility in her sessions and she prioritises responsiveness to her client’s needs.
Saria’s approach to therapy is holistic and eclectic. Her treatment approach is determined in collaboration with her clients, with consideration for their immediate needs and long-term goals. Saria draws on therapeutic techniques used in:
- Schema Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Motivational Interviewing.
Saria can provide support with a wide range of difficulties, with particular strength and interest in:
- Trauma, including complex/childhood trauma and post-traumatic stress
- Eating disorders and issues related to body image and dieting
- Substance use issues
- Interpersonal and relationship difficulties
- Mood fluctuation and issues with emotional regulation
- Anxiety, worry and panic attacks
- Perfectionism and procrastination
- Minority stress, particularly in LGBTQ+ and BIPOC communities
Qualifications and experience
Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency Reg. Number PSY0002259301
Throughout her clinical training, Saria has gained experience delivering individual and group therapy within a community health service, a university clinic and a private inpatient hospital. Saria has also conducted research in the impact of weight on attitudes toward people with eating disorders, and how the menstrual cycle influences symptoms of anxiety disorders.
Please call the clinic on (02) 8937 0667 to book an appointment with Saria.