Clinical Psychologist, Practice Director, AHPRA Board approved supervisor
Alysha offers appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Call the practice to book.
Alysha is the Director and principal Clinical Psychologist at the Institute for Healthy Living. She combines her in-depth clinical knowledge with a warm, supportive and ‘down-to-earth’ manner to make therapy effective and meaningful. She takes a proactive and attentive approach to her client’s therapy journey. Her authentic and compassionate style is something many of her clients appreciate.
Alysha is best known for her work with eating disorders, perinatal mental health and her work using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
She considers both current research and individual preference in designing therapy. She has training and experience using the most up-to-date and evidence based psychotherapy approaches including:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- mindfulness-based approaches
Alysha supports clients experiencing a wide range of issues, with particular strengths working with the following issues:
- perinatal psychology and adjustment (fertility issues, pregnancy and infant loss, preparation before baby arrives, postnatal adjustment, depression, anxiety and birth trauma)
- eating disorder treatment; especially binge eating and bulimia
- anxiety disorders including worry, panic, social anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder
- emotional sensitivity and intolerance
- self-esteem issues
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and complex or developmental trauma
- stress management
- relationship difficulties
- unrelenting standards, burn out, overworking or perfectionism
Qualifications and experience
B.Sc (Hons), M.Clin.Psych
Member of the Australian Psychological Society
Member of the Association for Contextual Behavioural Science
Member of Australia and New Zealand Academy for Eating Disorders Member
Associate Member of the EMDR Association of Australia
Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency Reg. Number PSY0001684541
Alysha draws on 11 years of clinical experience. She has completed a total of six years of intensive formal training, including a Masters in Clinical Psychology. She is a board approved clinical supervisor. Alysha has completed specific training or supervision under various leaders in the field including Russ Harris (ACT), Chris Thornton (Eating Disorders), Graham Taylor (trauma and EMDR), Dr Marsha Linehan (DBT), Keira Buchanan (Eating Disorders), Michelle Meyer (DBT), Rocco Crino (OCD), Dr Sarah Maguire (Eating Disorders), Dr. Neil S. Kobrin and Charlotte Thaarup-Owen (mindfulness meditation), and Dr Lisa Warren (trauma). She has conducted research into body image as well as guilt, shame and self-forgiveness in relationships. Alysha has worked in a number of public and private health settings, and has experience running group therapy sessions as well as one-on-one therapy.
Alysha also offers supportive, reflective supervision sessions to Psychologists and Clinical Psychology Registrars. Having also spent nearly a decade running the Institute for Healthy Living and owning various businesses prior, she is passionate about helping Psychologists thrive in private practice.
Enquire about Alysha’s services –