We are excited to announce our next group program at the Institute for Healthy Living, our adolescent Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) group. To maximise effectiveness, the group is limited to no more than 10 participants.
DBT is a practical, skills-based program. It aims to help people who are experiencing:
- intense, up-and-down emotions;
- impulsive or self-destructive behaviours, or behaviours which are causing problems in their day-to-day lives;
- negative judgments towards themselves, others, and life;
- mindlessness and emptiness;
- difficulty managing unpleasant situations or emotions;
- relationship difficulties, such as chaotic or unstable friendships; and
- difficulties with change.
The adolescent years come with a range of challenges, and young adults can often feel overwhelmed as they try to manage their responsibilities, friendships, families, schoolwork, jobs, and plans for the future. DBT is a proven approach which equips them with skills to face these challenges head-on.
The group is facilitated by our Clinical Psychologist in Bondi Bianca Glajz, who has extensive experience delivering DBT in group and individual settings. The program runs from 10:30am to 12:00pm for eight weeks, starting on Saturday 13 August. The upfront cost is $450, but with a valid referral from a GP, you can claim Medicare rebates which brings the cost down to $196.75.
We look forward to helping young people develop the important skills in the DBT program. If you have any questions about the program, please don’t hesitate to contact us on (02) 8937 0667 or at firstname.lastname@example.org